The journal «Clinical and Preventive Medicine» is committed to publishing only original materials, including articles, i.e. neither the materials, which have been published before, nor those being under processing in other scientific journals.
While processing of submitted materials and their text uniqueness checking, the plagiarism checking is performed by the use of «Unicheсk» system, aimed at the detection of textual coincidence/identity/similarity.
The manuscripts in which the plagiarism is detected are handled based on the extent of the plagiarism.
In case of less than 25% of plagiarism, the manuscript is sent back to the author (-s) for content revision. The author (s) are warned about the need to rewrite the text or properly refer to the primary sources.
In case of 25% and more, the manuscript is rejected without editorial review, and the editorial office may inform the author`s (authors`) institution/employer about the significant extent of plagiarism. The author (s) are advised to revise the borrowed text and plagiarized parts of the manuscript and resubmit it as a new one.
Authors are responsible for obtaining copyright permission for reproducing the illustrations, tables and figures taken from other authors and/or sources. All elements requiring permission MUST have its copyright information acknowledged in the caption of that element.
If plagiarism is detected after publication, the editorial office will conduct an investigation, with the further informing the author(s) of its results. The manuscript`s content containing plagiarism will be marked properly in the certain PDF-file. Depending on the plagiarism extent, the document could also be rejected (deleted).
Quotation should be used in all the manuscripts (the fragments of the certain manuscript), where the author (s) use the data taken from third-party sources, i.e. the data not obtained directly by the author (s). Non-compliance with the following rules should be considered as plagiarism:
- use quotation marks for the author (s) words (phrases) taken literally from the source;
- if a large passage of text is quoted, it may not be enclosed in quotation marks; instead, it could be separated from the rest of the text in different ways, e.g. by changing the text font and typeface, the use of a larger paragraph indentation as compared to the rest of the text etc.;
- it is allowed to omit the quote section (s) without a distortion of the author (s) opinion (thought, idea); use square brackets containing ellipsis for the omitted quote section (s);
- it is allowed to rephrase the quotation, change the word forms or the case of certain words. In such a case, the quotation marks are not used, but the author (s) have to properly refer to the primary source (s) according to its (their) number (s) in the references list;
- the reference list should always include all the references, which were used for the manuscript preparation, even those which were not used for direct quoting.
The editorial office of the journal «Clinical and Preventive Medicine» informs the authors that they have full personal responsibility for the authenticity of the content of the submitted materials. In order to avoid incorrect borrowing or using the third-party research results, we ask authors to adhere to the ethics of scientific citation.